Thursday, January 4, 2007

Snowboarding; or something like it...


Well I FINALLLLLLLY went snowboarding for the first time! I drove 4 1/2 hours all the way out to Show Low. First off, let me just say that the ski park is definitely like no other. The park hours are from 9-4 so my first thought was, "Are you kidding me?" Back east, we always went to Massanutten and that place has lights so you can ski or board all night. If you're ever in VA check in out, the place rocks and is gorgeous! http://www.massresort.com/

Alright so back to my snowboarding experience... Sunrise smelled like @$$ big time. It was gross but I had just drove hours so I just ignored it. I got my mangled rental of a board and boots and went on my way to lessons. The lessons lasted 2 hours and for the first hour I was doing everything backwards and busting it over and over. Apparently snowboarding is a bit different from wakeboarding and you're not supposed to have all the weight on your back foot. Although I wiped out a bit I was one of the best people in my class.
After the lessons I wanted to get back out there but ended up taking on the task myself becasue all of the boys I was with decided they were, "too tired". I was pretty pumped when I went out there and got down the run (AKA the baby hill that you practice on :-)) 3 times with out busting it! Did I mention that I busted it enough that when I got home I noticed 3 nice bruises on my bum? Yea, direct bone to fat contact; gotta live it. Oh well, it was worth it, I had so much fun even if I had to sacrifice a full nights sleep over it.

So and all I hurt like a mother all the way home anld have never had my bum hurt so much in all my life. I also got wind burn and it took us the full 4 1/2 hours to get back because my ride decided that it was cool to drive 40mph in a 55 zone the whole way home...yea a big "What kind of Mickey Mouse bull$*&% is this???"

So let me know if you guys have any tips for my next experience. I will NOT be going to Show Low but instead to the Snowbowl if they ever open up!

No comments: