Friday, June 6, 2008

Consumer Scams: Credit Cards are the DEVIL!

Haven't blogged in forever; go figure! I guess that's just what happens when life is crazy busy. All the good kind of crazy so I have no complaints. But I do have one complaint today, and that's about all the slimy credit card companies out there. What's the deal with them trying to scam consumers out of money without them know. Those sneaky bastards just tried it on me today and I let them have it.

There is no such thing as valuing the customer that pays on time and pays their balance. I honestly think that they prefer the consumers who are in a bad way, run up their cards and can't pay the balance. Those are the consumers that they are able to really poach with fees and charges that make no sense.

Long story short, (meaning not short at all if you know me) :) I have had a credit card with HSBC for about 3 years. I don't use it much but when I do I pay off the balance right away. Somehow they charged me a random late fee, I called, they "fixed it", done deal right? Nope, 2 months went by and I am thinking I paid off the balance. Not the case. In fact they didn't remove the late charge and charged me 2 more, and closed the account due to 2 late payments in a row. I wasn't even notified that any payment was late until month 3...gotta love it!

Result: $107 balance on a card with no transactions in the previous 4 months, a 30 day late fee reporting on my credit, a closed acct I have had open for years.

Final Result: $0 balance, a 30 day late fee reporting on my credit, a closed acct. No way to take off the late fee(all lies) they claim it was a legitimate late payment...again lies, and no way to re-open acct. I would have to reapply for a new card.

HA!! Sorry HSBC, I don't really use credit cards as it is but I sure as hell will never yours again. Thanks for "trying" to scam me out of money and I appreciate you lowering my credit score by your bogus late payment.

Folks, I will be writing letters to all three credit Bureaus to let them know this late payment is bogus. This is a lesson to everyone with a credit card to check your account every month whether you have a balance or not.

1 comment:

smplcv said...

I totally agree with this article, when you pay you loans on correct time, there will be no issues with the banks..anyways people still have the habit of making it late..


Graduate Student CV