Tuesday, January 23, 2007

5 Reasons I am ELATED the Eagles got rid of T.O. last season



We all know and despise Terell Owens of the Dallas Cowboys. Excuse me, I despise him for several reasons. I am a pretty big Eagles fan and had to put up with his arrogant, disrespectful, and plain old idiotic attempts at winning media attention. He sure enough succeeded and quite frankly; it makes me sick! Sorry T.O., but I'm glad they made you go.

Reasons that made me ever eager to see the Media Whore take his trip to Dallas:

1.) Constant Kindergarden Antics- What makes you think that just because you are paid millions that you can act like a child? Last I checked children look up to professional athletes as role models. What are you teaching them about respect?

2.) Dissing YOUR Quarterback- What did Donovan McNabb ever do to you? He sure passed to you a lot, tried to make things happen, delivered time and time again to the So called Superstar WideOut. As a former college athlete, there is a certain code of honor that you must abide by. Supporting your TEAM is one of them. Team sports are not about ME, they are about WE and creating anymosity will definitely get you jumped OR in your case; traded!

3.) A whole lotta talk- Yea, you know how to talk a big game but did you really deliver? Not enough for coach Andy Reid to want to keep you around. As far as this season with the Cowboys, I can recall several games where I saw dropped pass after dropped pass. But somehow you managed to create a pity party of how it wasn't your fault. I'm an athlete. I don't make exuses; you own up to your mistakes and make changes to fix it; simple as that.

4.) Recent Suicide Attempt- Are you kidding me? What kind of mickey-mouse b.s. is this all about? What's wrong T.O., not getting enough attention because you stink worse that my cleats after a long day of play? You know what, I feel sorry for you. You must be extremely insecure to go to such great lengths to get attention. There are people that can help.

5.) Blow at Bill Parcells- So what if the season didn't go as well as planned? It surely isn't all Parcells coaching efforts. First and foremost T.O., you need to realize that he was the one coach willing to put up with your nonsense! According to a FoxSports article during the debacle, they stated several teams were NOT interested in bringing T.O. on; the Falcons in particular. He is probably better off retiring; having a player like you that requires such "constant supervision" would have probably sent him to an early grave. "This past year was a big letdown. Hopefully, the owner will hire a coach to take the team to the next level." T.O.'s comments in a recent interview. Bottom line-the Cowboys paid way to much for you!

Proof is in the Pudding; Examples of the Eagles better off without the T.O. baggage

-The atmosphere surrounding the Eagles is more upbeat without the constant questions about Owens.
-We went to the playoffs. Not only without T.O., but also with star QB McNabb replaced by Jeff Garcia; proof that we are still a strong team that can adapt.
-Eagles triumphed over Cowboys in matchup

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Eagles. I thought you meant the band. I'm not reading about the sports team. Forget it :)

Jess said...

While I like the band, I am more in love with the NFL team. What can you expect with a father from Philly?